Current Job Openings
We are looking for a Machinist / Assembler to join our team to machine and assemble custom machine parts and components according to specifications from engineers and supervisors. The job responsibilities include machining and constructing components and machinery at the Cullman Automation, Inc. facility in Vinemont, Alabama. Limited, occasional travel to customer facilities for final assembly and installation of machinery may be required.
- Analyzing specification charts, samples and drawings to gain a thorough understanding of requirements
- Developing a plan of action to manufacture parts according to specifications.
- Measuring and marking raw materials needed to manufacture parts.
- Setting up equipment required to complete each step of the manufacturing plan.
- Operating equipment to carry out each step correctly.
- Monitoring the production process and intervening when problems arise.
- Inspecting finished parts for flaws and defects.
- Maintaining equipment located throughout the machine shop.
- Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Reads and deciphers schematics, blueprints, and assembly instructions.
- Positions or aligns components and parts, either manually or with hoists.
- Uses hand tools or machines to assemble parts.
- Conducts quality control checks.
- Cleans and maintains work area and equipment, including tools.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying parts lists and gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains inventory by checking stock to determine supply levels, placing and tracking orders, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
Requirements and Skills
- Familiarity with Computer Numerical Control (CNC) software and machinery used for computer-aided manufacturing.
- Knowledge of how to operate grinders, lathes and milling machines.
- Math skills to take precise measurements and make calculations
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to develop effective manufacturing plans based on specifications.
- Problem-solving skills to troubleshoot issues that arise during the manufacturing process.
- Ability to move roughly 50 to 75 pounds and remain stationary throughout a shift.
- Understanding of health and safety regulations to reduce the risk of workplace accidents.
- Mechanical and technical skills.
- Physical stamina and strength.
- Safety management mindset.
- Focus on quality control.
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination, including the ability to grasp, manipulate, and assemble parts and components that are often very small.
- Full Time Schedule
- Flexible Shifts
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Life Insurance
Job Brief We are looking for a Machinist / Assembler to join our team to machine and assemble custom machine parts and components according to specifications from engineers and supervisors. The job re...